rs.internic.net Sucks, I need help.

Robert W. Current rob at current.nu
Sat Jul 24 17:14:03 UTC 1999

I have a domain name (.com) registered, that I registered sometime a
while back when I started planing it's use, and now I am ready to use
it.

I know this isn't a bind specific problem, I just don't know where else
to ask, and since it's all related to DNS troubles, I thought I might
ask here.

Problem is, seems all the forms don't make any sence to me anymore.

When I do an "nslookup" my DNS's come up in the wrong order, I get:
NS1.x.com
NS1.y.com
NS2.x.com

and they should be:
NS1.y.com
NS1.x.com
NS2.x.com

Seems like it would be a simple fix, but my domain name is not x.com or
y.com, it's z.com, and AFAIK, I have to deal with rs.internic.net, which
seems to be controled by www.networksolutions.com, which IMHO, really
sucks.

All the forms and such I can find there seem to think that if you have
x.com registered, NS1.x.com should be your DNS, and ... well ... it
isn't.  And I for the life of me can't find what looks like the right
form to change anything.

Anyone have any pointers?
--
"Robert W. Current" <rob at freshmeat.net> - email