Is going to "http://somewhere.com." faster?

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Jul 29 23:29:08 UTC 1999

	Actually, the behaviour is usually the same.  Nslookup's
	behaviour has changed over the years to match that of the
	resolver.

	The resolver (and nslookup) behaviour was changed years
	ago to address the problems identified in RFC1535.  Ask
	you vendor for patches to address the issues identified
	in RFC1535.

	Mark

	RFC1535:
		A Security Problem and Proposed Correction With
	Widely Deployed DNS Software,  E. Gavron, ACES Research
	Inc.,  October 1993.

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org