Mailing List Changes...

Ruth Anne Ladue Ruth_Anne_Ladue at iengines.net
Wed Jun 23 19:29:59 UTC 1999

Hello,

	We have transitioned the bind-users mailing list to a new
mailing list software package (called Listar). This message is
primarily to highlight some of the new features that are now available
on the bind-users list.

- Digests: This list is now being digested nightly (at 11:50pm Pacific
Time).  If you would rather receive these daily digests, rather than the
individual messages as they come in, you can send a message to:
'bind-users-request at isc.org' with the subject containing 'set digest'.
(You can also switch it back by sending 'unset digest' as the subject to
the 'bind-users-request at isc.org' address.)

- Non-Text Attachments: We are now stripping all non-text attachments from
the mailing list (This includes HTML).  I don't see this as being a
problem, as most attachments on this list are plaintext.  If you need to
pass along a binary, put it on a Web/FTP site and send the URL to the
list, or ask that people who are interested contact you privately.

	If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at
bind-users-owner at isc.org.  Hopefully, you are seeing some benefits of
the switchover (faster message turnaround time, etc.).

Regards,

--Ruth Anne Ladue

--
Ruth Anne Ladue             Internet Engines Incorporated
List Administrator, bind-users