Distributed Director (DD) and forwarders...

Palano, Joseph Joseph.Palano at Fmr.COM
Wed Jun 23 19:54:18 UTC 1999

Dear Group,

	We have offices all over the globe and are trying to save on WAN
charges by employing DD.  We have followed the Cisco instructions by adding
the following lines to our special file:

$ORIGIN venus.com.
ddtest IN      NS      boston.venus.com.
ddtest IN      NS      dallas.venus.com.
$ORIGIN venus.com.
boston          IN      A       225.25.10.19
dallas          IN      A       225.26.161.11

This special file (spcl.venus) is read into BIND 4.9.7 through a Domain
Extension: $INCLUDE /dns/named/spcl.venus.  If we traceroute, ping, or
nslookup ddtest, the name goes unresolved.  Should we add the above
information to a db file instead?  Also, we have a similar arrangement with
an RTRS gateway and that works fine.  However, we have a forwarder for the
RTRS gateway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Palano