Registering .IT domain names with Bind

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Thu Jun 17 14:57:18 UTC 1999

> > While I think you are trying to hide the domainname involved
> > as you were asked for specifics I am going to assume you
> > didn't.
> >
> > Well ns.pool.net is not serving DOMAIN.IT so it is little
> > wonder that the check failed.
> >
> > Mark
>
> Mark,
>
> Thanks for your help but I do have to hide the domainname involved, as I
> cannot say what it is. Also, we don't believe that the problem is relevant
> to only one domain as this happens on all .IT domains we try to register.
>
> Andi.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Andi Twine,
> Web Project Manager,
> The Pool.Net Agency.
> andi.twine at pool.net

	Ensure that ns.pool.net can resolve its own reverse
	address.

	My bet in that nic.it are using nslookup which will
	complain if a server (ns.pool.net) cannot resolve its
	own address.

	Mark

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> -x @212.36.169.16
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;	16.169.36.212.in-addr.arpa, type = ANY, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
212.in-addr.arpa.	5m23s IN SOA	ns.ripe.net. ops.ripe.net. (
					1999061702	; serial
					4H		; refresh
					2H		; retry
					1W		; expiry
					6D )		; minimum

;; Total query time: 2920 msec
;; FROM: bsdi.dv.isc.org to SERVER: 212.36.169.16
;; WHEN: Fri Jun 18 00:34:36 1999
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 44  rcvd: 111

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org