Registering .IT domain names with Bind

Andi Twine andi.twine at pool.net
Tue Jun 22 09:17:19 UTC 1999

> > While I think you are trying to hide the domainname involved
> > as you were asked for specifics I am going to assume you
> > didn't.
> >
> > Well ns.pool.net is not serving DOMAIN.IT so it is little
> > wonder that the check failed.
> >
> > Mark
>
> Mark,
>
> Thanks for your help but I do have to hide the domainname involved, as I
> cannot say what it is. Also, we don't believe that the problem is relevant
> to only one domain as this happens on all .IT domains we try to register.
>
> Andi.

Mark> Ensure that ns.pool.net can resolve its own reverse
Mark>	address.
Mark>
Mark>	My bet in that nic.it are using nslookup which will
Mark>	complain if a server (ns.pool.net) cannot resolve its
Mark>	own address.

By this do you mean that the ns for ns.pool.net should be the same as the
ns.pool.net A record ?

This is the current set-up :

> set type=a
> ns.pool.net