How to allow over 65536 zones in bind 8.1.2

bind at guangbin.interland.net bind at guangbin.interland.net
Fri Nov 5 19:13:14 UTC 1999

Hi, All,

I'm running bind 8.1.2 and I'll have more than 64K zones in the name
server. According to bind 8.1.2 CHANGES:

 272.   [func]          The zone number is now unsigned, allowing up to
                        65536 zones instead of the previous limit of
			32768.

Is it possible for us to change the zone number to the unsigned long to
make it can hold up to 64K zones? Do you have suggestions for us to have
more than 64K zones in a single name server?

Your suggestion and help will be highly appreciated!

Best Regards,

G. Liu