nslookup problems

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Nov 12 23:17:41 UTC 1999

On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 12:24:18PM -0500, Fiamingo, Frank wrote:
> Since installing BIND 8.2.2-P3 on our firewall I've found that nslookup from
> an
> internal machine can no longer use the "server" feature, as in
> nslookup host server
> when the "server" is outside the firewall.
>
> Is there something I need to put in named.conf to turn this on?
> Or, is there possibly something I did that might have turned it off?
>
> This is on a Gauntlet/Solaris 2.6 firewall.

You should not ever have been able to do this through Gauntlet, unless
your firewall staff had made special holes through it to allow this [NOT
recommended].  Suggest you ask your firewall staff.  Are you SURE you
were able to do this before?  Maybe they found the hole and fixed it.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B