using dial on demand and bind

Mark_Andrews at iengines.com Mark_Andrews at iengines.com
Sun Nov 14 23:57:17 UTC 1999

	BIND 9 may address this issue as it has query restart capability.
	BIND 8 does not (and will not have) query restart capability so
	it needs to have the root nameservers primed at startup
	periodically reprimed.

	The dialup options effects zone transfers by clustering them all
	at the same time.  It also allows slaves to know when the link
	is up by sending gratuitious notify messages.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Internet Engines Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at iengines.com