Setting up an Exchange Server on a residential DSL line

Vic Kaul vic at quinstreet.com
Wed Nov 17 23:23:40 UTC 1999

I recently had Pacific Bell install a DSL line for me at home.

I am hosting a Windows NT webserver on the machine assigned the DSL IP
address.

Besides hosting the webserver I was also considering hosting an exchange
server.

Is there any simple way for me to be able to do this without having to
upgrade my DSL service.  The PacBell folks are telling me that I need to
upgrade my service from a $49 monthly to a $79 monthly service before they
will add the necessary MX and A records on their DNS server.

Can I avoid this somehow?  THANKS.

Is this something I can have register.com do?  What do they charge for doing
this?