Multiple Interfaces / 2 non-concurrent class c's

Brian brian at greenwood.net
Wed Nov 24 02:39:14 UTC 1999

Greetings,

[ A LITTLE INFO ]

I'm running BSDi 4.1 with BIND 4.9.7 (I know...I need to upgrade...I'm still
learning the new BIND on my test machine..I like the new zone layout.)

I feel pretty confident about my set up in /etc/namedb and named.boot as
when I do an nslookup I get the results I am looking for.

I my arp tables look good.

I have two ethernet cards, one is an SMC (de0) the other is a 3Com (eb0).

/etc/netstart entries :

defroute="205.160.97.1"
hostname="ais.ais-gwd.com"
nis_domain=""
primary="de0"

interfaces="de0 eb0"

# de0::
ipaddr_de0="205.160.97.3"
netmask_de0="255.255.255.0"
linkarg_de0=""
additional_de0=""

#eb0::
ipaddr_eb0="12.31.67.1"
netmask_eb0="255.255.255.0"
linkarg_eb0=""
additional_eb0=""

[ MY QUESTION ]

When I run LYNX on the BSDi machine I can get to the virtual domains I
entered using the second class c.

But when I try to access the same domain via a browser off of the machine I
see the browser return the correct ip in the status bar but then it dies.

studiom80.com is the domain I am testing with.

Any ideas?

-brian