named.boot size limit on SUNOS 5.6

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Nov 25 01:20:32 UTC 1999

On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 07:31:32AM +0000, Earle Anderson <etcpasswd at my-deja.com> wrote:
> I added the reverse lookup db files for one of the secondary domains to
> the named.boot file.  This made named.boot about 152 line.  I got an
> error when I used nslookup to test the updated reverse lookup files.

It would help if you would say what the error was.  But you might be
interested to know that, by the time you get to the point where you can
run an 'nslookup', the named.boot file is being totally ignored.

> I then edited named.boot down to 120 lines and it works fine.

Sounds like there may have been an error somewhere in those 32 lines.

> Is there a size limit to named.boot?

Not within reason.

> Is there a work around?

N/A

> Is it different on HPUX or Linux?

No.

> Thanks for your input
>
> Earle Anderson
> eja04 at hotmail.com
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Check the 'syslog' output for when you loaded the slightly less tiny
named.conf file, to see what the real problems were.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B