Final results of the evening

Henri J. Schlereth henris at
Mon Nov 29 05:55:47 UTC 1999

1.) I set a third name server in the neandertal name space and made it
a slave and the notifies worked fine. So I am fairly convinced that 
there are no apparent software errors on the NOTIFY part.

2.) I removed kesrith from the ACL notify list on webgalactic and
removed the also-notify as well. I then inserted a bogus additional
webgalactic name server and restarted. It promptly tried
to send a notify from the ACL list and as far as I know will either
keep trying or time out.

3.) When I remove the bogus ns records NOTIFY goes away. Period.
So it is possible that I still have a devious routing problem.

And the dig works BTW.
Enough for now I am going to sleep.


My .sig file can beat up your .sig file!
Biologically, anything past the age of 35 is bonus!
"The weak shall perish!" Species 8472
"The Geezer Geek"

More information about the bind-users mailing list