my problem or what?

David david at wmol.com
Mon Nov 29 23:06:35 UTC 1999

Hi,
    We have had few users calling in saying that people who send them email
from specific domains are getting bounce backs that read things as host not
found.

the specific domains that we had trouble with were acd.net and
tenneco-automotive.com, where their NS's couldn't query us, or something
like that.

i did a 'host wmol.com internet1.acd.net' but it comes back with host not
found.

BIND-8.2.2P5

options {
    directory "/var/bind";
    listen-on port 53 { 208.242.83.254; 127.0.0.1; };
    allow-query { any; };
};

I see nothing in /var/log/messages about it.
Is it something in my config? or do they have something setup where it
doesn't work for them? forwarders?

Any help would be great!
Thanks
David