CRLF as line terminator in zone file

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue Oct 5 16:20:51 UTC 1999

> On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 05:51:12PM +0800, Edmund wrote:
> > Why all the troubles ?  If I haven't forgotten, 'samba' might have
> > command to perform a dos to unix text file copy and conversion.
>
> That rang some bells, so I went to check... However, I found this:
>
> [http://au1.samba.org/samba/docs/FAQ/#1]
> > We get many requests for CRLF/LF format conversion handling by samba.
> > The problem is that there is no clean way to determine which files
> > should / could be converted and which MUST not be.

However, there are the open-source programs 'dos2unix' and 'unix2dos'.
Apparently, they not only do the CRLF/NL conversion, but also do some
well-known MS-to-ASCII character conversions.  They are based on the
proprietary programs of the same name in some Unix distributions [Sun?
System V?].

Overkill for this application, but I thought I'd mention it.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B