Some questions (I'm new to this).

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Wed Oct 6 14:41:11 UTC 1999

In article <4.1.19991003020355.00cce730 at 209.132.1.30>,
Ariel Manzur  <punto at anime.com.ar> wrote:
>How do I see what version of the program I'm using? Where can I find

When named starts up it logs a message with its version.

There are other techniques, which you should be able to find by searching
this newsgroup's archives at www.deja.com.  Look for "version" in the
Subject.

>documentation on how to admin. a DNS server? (like, how to add a domain,
>what is a zone file, etc) a FAQ?

Get the book "DNS & BIND" by Albitz & Liu.  Also check DNS Resource
Directory web site <http://www.dns.net/dnsrd>.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com