Setting a zone.

Ariel Manzur punto at anime.com.ar
Sun Oct 3 16:00:17 UTC 1999

Hi..

What happends if I list 2 ns servers for a domain, and the domain is not
set on the 1st server? (will bind check for the domain on the second server?)
I want to set a TLD for a LAN (let's call it "ariel"), and I have 2 DNS
servers on the LAN. So, I set all the zone file on one of the servers, and
then I add this at the end of db.cache (the file with all the root servers)
on the second DNS server (this goes after all the X.root-servers.net
records, because this DNS server is resolving internet names):

.                  3600000      NS    root.ariel.
root.ariel.      3600000      A     192.168.0.8

Will that work??

Thanks.. bye..

Ariel.