I'm so confused!!

David Spigelman dspigelm at acp.org
Fri Oct 8 17:14:02 UTC 1999

Joseph S D Yao wrote:

> You DID put the changes under the Source Code Control System (SCCS) or
> the Revision Control System (RCS), didn't you?  ;->

Um... uh... wuzzat? (Apparently, no, I didn't <sheepish grin>)

> > So now I've got 4.9.7 installed, but something's not quite right. When I
> > do an nslookup on the domains that this server is *supposed* to be
> > primary for, it comes back with the correct answer, but saying that the
> > information is "non-authoritative".

> >     1a. Why isn't it coming up quite right?
>
> Perhaps because of some small error in the zone file.  Look in your
> 'syslog' output for details.

Checked the syslog. There doesn't seem to be *anything* having to do with BIND
in it at all! Anyplace else I might check? Anyplace I might make a change so
that errors, etc. *do* go to the syslog?

> > 2. Should I move back to 8?
>
> Yes.

Trying to...

> >     2a. Which version? The one that came with Solaris 7, or should I
> > install the
> >            newest one I downloaded from isc.org?
>
> The latter.  Look for 8.2.2 soon.
>
> >     2b. If I do try to switch back, should I uncomment-out the section
> > of that library
> >           file?
>
> Yes.
>
> Would you like it to be more bug-free and more hacker-proof?  ;-)

-----
David Spigelman
Network Administrator
American Center for Physics