A plea to PSI and other clueless DNS Admins

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Sat Oct 9 19:44:44 UTC 1999

> >I believe you mean stub zones, and again, I think they're right.  Stub
zones
> >have been labelled experimental for as long as I can remember, even
> >though they're very useful.  And I've never seen an RFC that formalizes
> >their definition or use.
>
> Nothing in the named.boot or named.conf files has ever been covered by
> any RFC.

I meant the concept, not the syntax.  RFC 1034 defines primary master
and secondary master zones.  It does not define stub zones--Mark
Andrews came up with them.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
www.acmebw.com/training.htm for the
schedule and to register for upcoming
classes.