Is this a BIND problem?

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Mon Oct 11 15:11:47 UTC 1999

In article <19991010193101.O5556 at stahlw06.stahl.bau.tu-bs.de>,
Ralf Hildebrandt  <R.Hildebrandt at tu-bs.de> wrote:

>On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 01:19:41PM -0300, Ariel Manzur wrote:
>
>> Then, when I do "nslookup losmareados.com. <any other DNS server>" I get
>> "can't find losmareados.com: Non-existent host/domain".
>> The domain was working fine a week ago, and suddenly it's not working.. Do
>> I have to check anything else on my BIND? (NSI is not helping..)
>
>Yup. The root servers haven't delegated the zone to (NS2|NS1).ANIME.COM.AR ...
>Not your fault. Dunno who's guily, though.

The domain is probably on hold pending payment of the registration fee.
You can check at <https://payments.networksolutions.com> (I just tried and
the server is currently not available).

P.S. Why did you thread the original message as a response to the question
about the RP record?  What does this have to do with that?

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com