Bind 8.1.2 in.named memory leak in Solaris 7

Hugh Davies hdavies at kzin_nospam.rnb_nospam.com
Mon Oct 11 09:49:52 UTC 1999

In article <CB604B7307BDD2119E880008C7A4B74C031151B1 at cagtaexc01.ca.kworld.kpmg.com>, "Douglas, Earl" <edouglas at kpmg.ca> writes:
>I'm running BIND 8.1.2 on all my DNS servers, I was unaware that there is
>memory leaks.
>Although I have not had any DNS issues with this version of BIND.
>
>How do I determine how much memory in.named is using (Solaris 2.6)???

'ps' will tell you, but I strongly recommend you install 'top', which will
display processes in a number of orders, including size;

See;

http://smc.vnet.net/

Regards,

Hugh.
--
VP Desktop Systems, Republic National Bank, London.
The views expressed here are mine, and do not reflect the official