alternate port / alternate way for master DNS zone xfers ?

Jan Vicherek honza at ied.com
Tue Oct 12 07:41:30 UTC 1999

 Heyya,

   I am behind a firewall which doesn't allow the slave from the outside
contact the master (me), because the DNS tcp port is disabledn at the
firewall (to which I have no access). But machines from outsides are
allowed to do the usual udp lookups on the master.

   Is there a way to tell the slave to xfer the domain in some other way
(or through some other port) than the usual ?

      Thanx,

          Jan

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
                ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##
                   http://Vicherek.Waterloo.on.ca/