moving sites

Andrew Kaplan noc at cshore.com
Sat Oct 16 04:17:19 UTC 1999

My company might be purchasing a web hosting company out of state. We need
to plan a way to move the sites (travel time is over 6 hours) from point A
to point B. We need to move over 600 sites. and  will be using new ip
addresses.

Step 1. Change the TTL values to 60 minutes. Wait a week for the changes to
fully propogate.

Step 2.   Copy data to "temp" servers. With new ip addresses. Move temp
servers to new location.

Step 3.   Change IP addresses on primary DNS server to new addresses.

Step 4.   Setup New DNS server on new block of IP addresses. Register new
nameserver, submit global modify.

Will this work. Can anyone suggest a better method.

TIA,

Andrew