Help with multiple domains

rtn at frontiernet.net rtn at frontiernet.net
Mon Oct 18 17:03:15 UTC 1999

Kelly Sauke <kelly at sauke.net> wrote:
: I'm trying to set up my box so that I can recieve mail for multiple
: domains on one box.   Both domains will resolve to the same IP address.
: The problem I'm having is when  a message is sent to the secondary
: domain I get this error in the email bounced back to the sender.

: 553 secondary.domain.com. config error: mail loops back to me (MX
: problem?)
: 554 <username at secondary.domain.com>... Local configuration error

: I can recieve mail for my primary domain just fine.  There are no
: problems and because of that I don't believe its a sendmail problem.  It
: might be however..I'm still new to sendmail.  Is there something that I
: should be doing in the db.secondary.domain file for the MX record.
: Right now it is

You need either an entry for secondary.domain.dom in your
sendmail.cw file (if you have one) or a Cw line in your
sendmail.cf.

--rtn

--
  Bob Nicholson			Frontier GlobalCenter