No root nameservers for class IN (but I really don't want any in there)

Jan Vicherek honza at ied.com
Mon Oct 25 04:37:30 UTC 1999

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999 marka at isc.org wrote:

> > > 	Oops, I forgot about that bug.  BIND 8 prior to 8.2.2 tries to
> > > 	prime root nameservers (master/slave) when it doesn't need to
> > > 	resulting in this error message.  Get BIND 8.2.2 where this bug
> > > 	is fixed.
> >
> >    Great. Any idea where can I get an .src.rpm for bind-8.2.2 ? (I saw the
> > .tar on ftp.isc.org, but http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/BByName.html says
> > an rpm for 8.2.2 is not out yet.
>
> 	No.  We just supply the initial tar bundles.  It really is not
> 	that hard to build and install from them.

 making an .rpm was extremely easy. I haven't seen anything that easy yet.

 All I have done was replace bind-8.2.1 source tarballs with bind-8.2.2
ones and --rebuilt (and changed version numbers in the .spec file, of
course). And things seem to work. The original .src.rpm was redhat's
bind-8.2.1-7.src.rpm.

 uploaded to incoming.redhat.com/libc6 Mon Oct 25 00:29:20 EDT 1999

   TTYL,

        Jan

 -- Gospel of Jesus is the saving power of God for all who believe --
                ## To some, nothing is impossible. ##
                   http://Vicherek.Waterloo.on.ca/