Resolves hosts, not domain

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Sep 8 19:08:06 UTC 1999

Lyric Ji wrote:
> Then do you mean there are some bugs unfixed in the Bind8.2 version? Have
> those bugs been fixed in the Bind8.2.1? I'd better upgrade it soon.

;-)

The quest for software lacking in bugs is the quest for perfection in
this world.

The quest for perfection in this world is fruitful, for it constantly
improves the self and the self's surroundings.

The quest for perfection in this world is fruitless, for there is
always more that one may perfect.

The quest for perfection in this world should always be pursued, lest
we decline in our selves.

The quest for perfection in this world should never be made the goal
above all goals, lest we lose sight of those other goals in which we
may attain true perfection.

Nevertheless, keeping all of one's software up to date is certainly a
probably-optimal sub-goal.

;-)

I believe that the problems may have been caused by some kind of a DOS
attack, or not even an attack, but local network conditions [whatever
that means].  As I have not located the cause, nor has anyone else to
my knowledge, I cannot say for sure.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B