Moving BIND binaries

Jeff Kennedy jeff.kennedy at natdecsys.com
Thu Sep 9 00:41:50 UTC 1999

OK, I compiled 8.2.1 successfully and installed it successfully on Solaris
2.6.  I changed the startup scripts to point to /usr/local/sbin for named.
It starts and returns correct info under nslookup (although it is not
connected to the network it returns local info correctly).

Now, the script to start DNS was changed from /usr/sbin/in.named to
/usr/local/sbin/named.  No problem.  Now what about nslookup?  I'm
currently using the default in /bin/nslookup but would much prefer to use
the newer one in /usr/local/bin.  Can I just copy the new binary over the
old one?  And if so, should I copy the new named over the old in.named
while I'm at it?

Thanks,

~Jeff