Wrong answers, when asked from different subnet!!

news.dk.uu.net klavs at berlingske-online.dk
Mon Sep 13 14:02:53 UTC 1999

Dear sirs,

I've set up Bind v8,

and it seems to work fine... when i test it with nslookup it answers
correctly.. for the ones it are authoratative for and also for the ones
which it is not... (= it forwards the requests, without any problems).

But when I tell a pc, on a different subnet, to ask my webserver.. it gets
an incorrect answer on all counts.. except the ones, which my
nameserver is authoratative for... ?

why is this ? it's driving me crazy, and it says nothing of this in the DNS
and BIND book, from O'reilly.

Best regards,

Klavs Klavsen
Denmark