BIND 8.2 Problems ...

Carl Hilton chilton at sac.usace.army.mil
Mon Sep 13 15:00:29 UTC 1999

My system was working and it stopped.... Now the question is why.....

My folks have the need to have Domain Lookups on some specific machines
without using FQDN (ie... mymachine1 and have this resolve to
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX).

I currently have in my bind file...

$ORIGIN .

mymachine1  IN CNAME mymachine1.mydomain.com.

$ORIGIN mydomain.com

mymachine1   A aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

Is this not the correct approach? Like I said this was working last week but
now it's not... The only thing that changed was that the actual machine
"mymachine" which is an NT SERVER was changed out.... the current machine
does have the correct IP address and I can ping it by IP or by FQDN.

Thanks
Carl