How to use NOTIFY

root shaun at skillin.com
Sat Sep 18 20:31:15 UTC 1999

I've recently set up DNS on a linux box as a master.  My old master ( a
NT machine) is now secondary.  The only examples I've seen for using the
notify statement have been "notify no".  How do I use notify if I want
to tell my secondary when updates have occurred.  They're not in sync
now, after restarting both of them.  It seems as if the new info isn't
being pushed  to the secondary, or pulled from the master, and I'm not
sure who's job that is.  Any help is, of course, very appreciated.

Shaun