Hi

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Sun Sep 19 22:01:22 UTC 1999

> Hi all, I am newin the list and worwing whith BIND
>
> I have installed Bind version 8.1, however I have problems, The DNS runs
> well but it falls, I see the messages of error in messagge and appears the
> following messages:

	You have not installed BIND 8.1.  "No default TTL set using SOA
	minimum instead" did not appear as as error message until BIND 8.2.

> Sep 19 12:51:59 ns named[369]: Zone "example.com" (file db.ni): No default
> TTL set using SOA minimum instead

	A "$TTL 86400" as the first line in "db.ni".  The $TTL directive
	sets the TTL for records without a explicit TTL.  See RFC 2308
	and http://www.isc.org/view.cgi?/products/BIND/docs/bind8.2_master-file.phtml

> Sep 19 12:51:59 ns named[369]: db.ni:84: data "ns.uu.net" outside zone "ni"
> (ignored)

	You have out of zone data in you file.  "ns.uu.net" is not in or
	below the "ni" zone so it is not needed.  Just remove the record
	from the zone file.

	Mark