Transit from 4 to 8?

David Spigelman dspigelm at acp.org
Mon Sep 27 19:54:15 UTC 1999

I'm moving my DNS service from one machine to another. The new machine
has whatever variety of 8 that comes with Solaris 7. The old machine has
been running a version of 4.

I've noticed that there are some *BIG* differences between the versions.
The first one that's hitting me is that version 4 used a named.boot file
as opposed to 8's named.conf. The formats for those files are nothing
similar.

Now, I need to transit from my old 4 to the new 8. Where do I even
begin? Are there any resources out there to help with the changeover?
Any guides? Anything?

TIA!

-- DS