Restarting Bind via ASP

Justin Scott leviathan at darktech.org
Wed Sep 29 05:58:08 UTC 1999

> I will be doing a web administration script using ASP for BIND running
> on an Windows NT Server. I understand that everytime records are
> changed, BIND has to be restarted manually via a graphic user interface
> in order for it to re-read the records.
>
> May I know if there are any ways I can do this restarting via ASP?

I do some remote DNS admin on my server via Cold Fusion.  I actuallt
have a perl file with this command that reloads the server...

system "ndc reload"

As far as I know, most of the Win32 ports include ndc to start, stop,
reload, etc.

-Justin Scott aka Leviathan
 Server Admin, Dark Technologies
 http://www.darktech.or