multiple DNS

J.M. Roth jm at roth.lu
Wed Sep 29 20:15:44 UTC 1999

First a special thanks to B.J. for helping me out with my previous problem.

Now, I'm wondering if the following is possible...

(we got 1 public IP address, currently)

when I traceroute to any domain pointing to that IP f.e.
company118.com or company2000.com
it ends up showing the main site (company.com) and not the tracerouteded one on the last hop

just wondering if it was possible to make a distinction there

especially since i have set up all the PTR records and stuff for the other domains
virtual web / ftp works well but the underlying service that send out the hostname to a traceroute f.e. don't seem to care

please help me sort this out

thanks!!

J.M. Roth
jmroth at vo.lu