Script/Softare to update root server list

Christian Krackowizer kra1 at technodat.co.at
Thu Sep 30 11:21:56 UTC 1999

At 17:43 29.09.1999 GMT, you wrote:
>In article <Mf=xN3PuXopNxH3LILZ4i4qv3uRZ at 4ax.com>,
>George R. Kasica <georgek at netwrx1.com> wrote:
>>Hello:
>>
>>A while ago I seem to remember a script or software item that would
>>update the listing of root servers automatically....unfortunately I
>>don't recall more than that in details....can anyone help out with
>>locating this??
>
>dig . ns @a.root-servers.net > named.root

be careful. We added this 6 months ago into crontab do update each 1st/month.
2 times 'a.root-servers.net' wasn't reachable thus creating an empty
named.root.
You should save the old one, mail to new one to you for security check or
something similar.

Christian Krackowizer

| Krackowizer Christian               mailto:kra1 at technodat.co.at |
| TECHNODAT                           Phone: ++43-(0)662-454944-0 |
| CAD/CAM - Systeme fuer Moebel GmbH  FAX:   ++43-(0)662-454944-9 |
| Jakob-Haringer-Strasse 6            http://www.technodat.co.at/ |
| A-5020 Salzburg / Austria                                       |