Non-authoritative Domain Problem !!!

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Thu Sep 30 18:13:09 UTC 1999

In article <7sv9e9$kq2$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <eviral at my-deja.com> wrote:
>I have a problem with the DNS definition of a
>site.(www.faugeres.com)
>The problem now is that we don't seem to be
>authoritative on this domain.
>
>nslookup and zone check answer a fatal error.

I get authoritative answers from both ns1.logassist.fr and
ns1.nan2.inetway.net.

>What can I do ?
>Who can set me to autoritative for this domain ?

Usually a server becomes non-authoritative because it found a syntax error
in the zone file.  It logs a warning when this happens, and the warning
includes the file name and line number.  Check your logs.  No one can "set
you to authoritative" -- you have to fix your server yourself.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com