Rookie needs direction

marc marc5477 at home.com
Sat Apr 1 02:54:14 UTC 2000

I would really appreciate any help.

Here is the situation.
1) I want to host my own website out of my box at home.
2) I have registered a domain name that resides in a parking spot on a
server that the registry service runs.
3) I have a static IP address.
4) I am running win2k advanced server.
5) The website is ready and waiting for hosting.

As I understood so far... the 1st thing I need to do is transfer my domain
name to myself, but to do that I need 2 DNS's so I need to set one up for
myself, and I need to get the other from somewhere else.

How do I set up a DNS at home?

Once the DNS is setup, how do I transfer my domain?

Once the domain is transfered, how do I assign the homepage of my website to
the domain name?

I am by definition a newbie to this field, so please have mercy in your
wording should you answer. Thanx in advance.