Delegating in-addr.arpa at the fourth octet

bounce at holiday.home.org bounce at holiday.home.org
Mon Apr 3 20:22:42 UTC 2000

In the bind book on page 216, there are suggested three ways of setting
this up.  Solutions 2 requies that the server in each sub-domain has
a separate zone file for each IP address.

However, I believe that I can also do this with a single zone file
containing all the addresses in that sub-domain PROVIDED that this
nameserver is set to be a non-recursive nameserver.  Any requests
which end up at this nameserver are for that in-addr.arpa domain,
so therefore only one zone file is needed.  Are there any problems
with this ?

   - John, bounce at cerebus.demon.co.uk