V8 dump bollixes db. files

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Apr 4 22:50:06 UTC 2000

Seems to me that if you're already to the point of using Dynamic Update to
maintain your DNS data, that you've long since outgrown an /etc/hosts file.
Consider making the DNS zonefile your "master" source of data, maintain it
using any of the various free tools available. If you still need an /etc/hosts
file for some reason, generate it from the zonefile(s) using a script.

Alternatively, why not modify h2n to just make incremental updates through
Dynamic Update?

- Kevin