host -l

Michael Vincent K. Pozon - CompE vince at trinity.cebu.pilnet.com
Sun Apr 9 05:30:57 UTC 2000

hello ,
	i'm concern about somebody or someone do a 'host -l mydomain.com'
, how do i detect that somebody did that command to my domain ?
and how do i restrict the output of that command from an unauthorize
request ?
        i already have a global declaration of allow-transfer in my
named.conf that are allowed to do an AXFR .. but i still have to
coordinated with our slave DNS coz unauthorize user can do a :

    dig AXFR mydomain.com @myslave.com

 with that command , the slave will output zone entries to the unauthorize
user because my slave DNS doesnt have an allow-transfer set yet.  anyways
... is that why an unathorize request of 'host -l mydomain.com' is not
restricted ? or did i missed something in my configs ?

TIA

Mike