host -l

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Sun Apr 9 09:19:54 UTC 2000

BIND Users Mailing List wrote:

> From: "Michael Vincent K. Pozon - CompE" <vince at trinity.cebu.pilnet.com>

>  the slave will output zone entries to the unauthorize
> user because my slave DNS doesnt have an allow-transfer set yet.  anyways
> ... is that why an unathorize request of 'host -l mydomain.com' is not
> restricted ?

IIRC, zone transfers are allowed by default. If you need to know why no
restrictions have been set, you should probably ask whoever configured
your server. Anyway, if you don't want to allow the world to pull zones,
use the allow-transfer option to deny access (assuming BIND 8).

Thor

--
Plain old email is very insecure. Please make it
a little safer for yourself and me by using PGP.