Regarding bind / HP-UX

Aboo VADAKKUMURI VALAPPIL aboo at syd-co.au.dhl.com
Mon Apr 10 07:42:01 UTC 2000

Hi all,

Could anybody help me with the following problem.

I am creating a subdomain inside a domain. The parent domain is
mail.lhr.syd.com, the subdomain I am creating is
maildom.mail.lhr.syd.com. I want this domain to be deligated to a
different name server.

I set up the name server for the subdomain (maildom.mail.lhr.syd.com)
succusfully in a different host. And the queries in this particular
domain is working fine.

I got the following entries for the parent domain zone file.

maildom                     IN NS  mailserver.mail.lhr.syd.com.
mailserver                  IN A   IPADDRESS for the mailserver

The problem is that when I query for a record  of sub domain in the
parant domain server. It says domain not found.

Could anybody say what is the reason for this.

Thanks in advance.

Aboo

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: aboo.vcf