[Q] Is there site which provides Free domain parking service?

Fred Viles fv4 at do.whois.fv4.at.internic
Wed Apr 12 01:53:01 UTC 2000

thor at anta.net (Thor Kottelin) wrote in <38F2E865.BDDE3902 at anta.net>:

>BIND Users Mailing List wrote:
>
>> From: fv4 at do.whois.fv4.at.internic (Fred Viles)
>
>> GraniteCanyon does not do domain parking.  They only do DNS.
>
>How do you define domain parking? I'd say e.g. arja.net is parked at
>granitecanyon.com for the moment.

I thought "domain parking" meant providing a default web page and
maybe mail forwarding, not just providing authoritative DNS.  I would
not have said that arja.net is "parked" at GC, I would have said that
GC is providing DNS service for arja.net.

I guess you're saying that "domain parking" is just a proper subset
of "DNS service", where the zone is assumed to be practically empty?

- Fred