[Q] Is there site which provides Free domain parking service?

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Thu Apr 13 11:43:00 UTC 2000

BIND Users Mailing List wrote:

> From: fv4 at do.whois.fv4.at.internic (Fred Viles)

> thor at anta.net (Thor Kottelin) wrote in <38F2E865.BDDE3902 at anta.net>:

> >BIND Users Mailing List wrote:
> >
> >> From: fv4 at do.whois.fv4.at.internic (Fred Viles)
> >
> >> GraniteCanyon does not do domain parking.  They only do DNS.
> >
> >How do you define domain parking?

> I thought "domain parking" meant providing a default web page and
> maybe mail forwarding, not just providing authoritative DNS.

If the domain is used for WWW hosting - even a default page - and mail,
is it still parked, or is it in use?

> I guess you're saying that "domain parking" is just a proper subset
> of "DNS service", where the zone is assumed to be practically empty?

In a nutshell, yes, that's what it means, coming from me. I'm not saying
that's linguistically correct though; English isn't even my native
tongue...

Thor

--
Plain old email is very insecure. Please make it
a little safer for yourself and me by using PGP.