Question regarding a domain

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Thu Apr 13 14:57:23 UTC 2000

In article <20000413145342.H39642 at lucifer.bart.nl>,
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven  <asmodai at bart.nl> wrote:
>When I queried some nameservers I got the correct IP address and when I
>queried some others they returned the faulty IP address.

The root servers have an old glue record, due to the following WHOIS
entry for your server:

[No name] (WWW8651-HST)

   Hostname: WWW.DOMITEL.ORG
   Address: 195.61.87.253
   System: ? running ?

   Coordinator:
      Holmes, Stellajane  (SH12666)  holme001 at WXS.NL
      Stichting DOMITEL
      Bakkersstraat 4
      Amsterdam, NH 1017 CW
      NL
      31 20 679 19 66 (FAX) 31 20 679 19 69

   Record last updated on 14-Jul-1999.

The following domains are registered to that server:

DGAP - Universidade do Minho (PFN5-DOM)				   PFN2000.ORG
Expoente - Serv. Economia e Gestao, Lda (IEMINHO-DOM)		   IEMINHO.COM
Fonte & Oliveira Lda (CANGURU3-DOM)				   CANGURU.COM
Fonte & Oliveira Lda (LOJALASER-DOM)				 LOJALASER.COM
Fontes e Oliveira (NOBRINDE-DOM)				  NOBRINDE.COM
Ormia (ORMIA-DOM)						     ORMIA.COM
Paulo Ricado Pereira Fernandes (OKAPA-DOM)			     OKAPA.COM
Paulo Ricardo Pereira Fernandes (GRUPOEXPOENTE-DOM)	     GRUPOEXPOENTE.COM
Paulo Ricardo Pereira Fernandes (EXPOENTE2-DOM)			  EXPOENTE.COM

You need to submit a Host template to NSI to correct the address in the
WHOIS entry.  Also, if it's no longer the DNS server for those domains, you
should modify them to remove the server.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA