Question regarding a domain

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at bart.nl
Thu Apr 13 12:53:42 UTC 2000

-On [20000413 14:35], Matthew Thompson (matthewt at fairplay.co.uk) wrote:
>Sorry if I seem a bit dim but I can't quite understand what the problem is.

That's ok. ;)

>You are claiming that you run authoratative for the domain domitel.org and
>that your servers have 194.158.166.12 as an A record for www.domitel.org
>
>You also say that other nameservers return the same IP address for
>www.domitel.org.

Some.  See below.

>To me this is how it should be. If you are wondering why some servers are
>still showing an old IP address (195.61.87.253 from mine) it's probably just
>down to the server having cached information and this should rectify itself
>when the timeouts set expire.

When I queried some nameservers I got the correct IP address and when I
queried some others they returned the faulty IP address.

That might seem normal considering cache/ttl's.  However, if I look at
the dig information they indicate 2d or 1d and seems like they
appropriate nameserver just got the information from somewhere.  But not
from our nameservers.

That is what stomped me.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai at bart.nl>                      VIA NET.WORKS The Netherlands