multiple SOAs

Trey Nolen tnolen at BITEMYWEENIESPAMMERS.internetpro.net
Fri Apr 21 01:27:24 UTC 2000

I'm having a problem with multiple SOA's.  My primary server works fine, but
when the records are tranferred to the slave, I get the following error in
the logs:
(domain names have and IPs have been changed to protect the innocent...)

Apr 20 19:51:25 mail named[19990]: Zone "domainname.com" (file
domainname.com.db): multiple SOA RRs found
Apr 20 19:51:25 mail named[19990]: slave zone "domainname.com" (IN) rejected
due to errors (serial 200003010

Here is the record:
@       IN      SOA     ns.dnsdomain.net. tnolen.internetpro.net. (
                                        2000030103; version - update when
changed
                                        86400 ; refresh every 24 hrs
                                        300 ; retry 5 minutes
                                        2592000 ; expire 30 days
                                        86400 ; minimum 24 hrs
                                        )
        IN      NS      ns.dnsdomain.net.
        IN      NS      mail.dnsdomain.net.
;
;

domainname.com.    IN      A       192.168.0.5
                               IN      MX      10      mail.maildomain.net
www                      IN      A       192.168.0.5
                               IN      MX      10      mail.maildomain.net
ftp                          IN      A       192.168.0.5
localhost                 IN        A       127.0.0.1

When I look at the file that it generates after the Xfer on the slave
server, it definitely has multiple SOAs. Where is it getting them from?

Trey Nolen
tnolen at internetpro.net