mails for sub domains

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Apr 26 01:08:48 UTC 2000

G'day,
            Yes it is quite possible; you don't need to delegate
subzones. Just put the MX records in the main zone, e.g. "a in mx
mail.a.dom.com.". You could even use a wildcard MX if you wanted, but if
you only have a small number of mailable (sub)domains it may be more
efficient for bogus addresses to be weeded out before they even get to
your mail server.

- Kevin