secondary dns problem

Joseph Sirucka jws at austclear.com.au
Thu Apr 27 02:20:23 UTC 2000

Hi folks

last night i tried to register my domain I recently registered and it
stated that my primary dns is not listed by my secondary dns. well this
is the error I got

priss.netics.com.au is not listed as a NS by server sylia.netics.com.au
-1,0

well both machines are sparc 2's running solaris 7 with 64mb of ram
each. the are properly configured.

both are using version of bind 8.

both have a named.conf in the etc directory and and sylia being my
secondary dns has the references in its named.conf to the master being
priss my primary dns of 203.44.130.68.

what am I doing wrong.

I am following th o'reilly book by using the examples presented in it.
nslookups and set=mx and set=a work perfectly well from within when I
test the setup.

what is my probelm.

hope to hear from someone soon.

--