MX RR

Christy WU tfwu at technoworks.net
Fri Apr 28 04:04:17 UTC 2000

Hi,

I'm a newbie in this area and hope that you can help me out with this:

       We host domains and mail services for clients. A few clients has
recently complaint that they are not received any e-mails. My
       manager has suspected there are incorrect setting in our DNS or
RRs. However, I see nothing wrong. Any hint?

       [ domain is abc.com ]
       abc.com.     IN      SOA     dns1.abc.net. admin.abc.net. (
                                   956434401
                                   3600
                                   3600
                                   432000
                                   38400 )
                                       IN      NS      dns1.abc.net.
                                       IN      NS      dns2.abc.net.
                                       IN      MX      10 pop3
                                       IN      MX      20 beta
                                       IN      A       xxx.xxx.xxx.12
       www.abc.com.         IN      A       xxx.xxx.xxx.13
                                       IN      A       xxx.xxx.xxx.12
       smtp                         IN      A       xxx.xxx.xxx.162
       pop3                        IN      A       xxx.xxx.xxx.162
                                       IN      MX      10 pop3
       .  .  .

       ;Zone file for xyz.org.hk
       xyz.org.hk.    IN      SOA     dns1.abc.net. admin.abc.net. (
                                   941252977       ; SERIAL
                                   3600            ; Refresh (1 hour)
                                   900             ; Retry (15 minutes)
                                   432000          ; Expire (5 days)
                                   38400 )         ; Minimum (10 hours)
       xyz.org.hk.            IN      NS      dns1.abc.net.
                                    IN      NS      dns2.abc.net.
                                    IN      MX      10 xxx.xxx.xxx.162.
       *.xyz.org.hk.        IN      MX      10 xxx.xxx.xxx.162.
       www                     IN      A       xxx.xxx.xxx.3

Is the MX syntax correct?

Best regards,
Chrsity WU